HOW TO PUBLISH BOOKS & EBOOKS RESOURCE
Facilitated by Bryan Hudson, M.S.
Learn basic and advance techniques from book and e-book production and publishing. Gain real-world insights on independent publishing, on-demand printing and fulfillment.
Includes full 2-hour lecture with syllabus and PDF publishing resource.
SOME OF THE TOPIC INCLUDE:
- What is a publisher? What is self-publishing?
- Managing expectations
- Technical foundations for book & e-book publishing
- Essential software & hardware (basic & advanced)
- Overview of publishing support services: CreateSpace™, LightningSource™, Amazon™, Kindle Direct Publishing™, R.R. Bowker™
- What about publishing services?
- About manuscripts and author responsibilities
- Print book layout standards
- Print-on-demand book production workflow
- Working with CreateSpace
- Working with LightningSource
- Print book fulfillment methods
- E-book production workflow overview
- Marketing, promotion, distribution options for self-publishers
- Managing Costs
- 1 ZIP and 1 PDF